Monday, May 14, 2012

WHAT IS SCC DOING WITH OUR CASH?

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/photo.php?fbid=3103315308879&set=a.3103315268878.2119378.1444135984&type=3&theater This facebook post by Optua made me curious. Optua does a good job in Suffolk for disabled people but they are mainly supported with our cash so why are they posting this poster for a commercial event? Look closely at the base on the poster and you will see other organisations promoting this too. Many of them are also supported with our cash and even some of them ask us to volunteer our servises free or even at our own cost. I often volunteer and usually I pay my own costs too so why are so many people paid by us to get us to work for nothing? Look at this link too from the SCC website; http://www.suffolk.gov.uk/your-community/support-for-communities/volunteer-join-in Who audits these voluntary groups? How much do we pay them and who decides who gets what? It is our money and I believe there must be an audit trail so we can see where our money is going and of course it is also essential SCC can show it is not involved in patronage deals? Indeed it is very important SCC shows clean hands when handing out a few million pounds of our cash?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am 69 and have to use a wheelchair but I never allow this issue to interfere with anything I want to achieve. I would like young people and even those not yet born to be able to enjoy growing up in Ipswich as much as my generation did. We never stayed around the town or housing areas as we spent our time in the countryside doing what kids do and annoying nobody. We all learned to live off the land and to appreciate the countryside too. No drugs or alcohol needed to have a really good time and grow into mature adults. My wife and I spend our time as volunteers and we have spent many a happy day taking disabled people sailing on the River Orwell. We hope to expand this year with more boats.

free counter
Vista Print Coupon